What is the minimum age and other requirements for QLD driving licence?
- For learner licence be a minimum of 16 years old and P1 17 years.
- must have current learner driving licence, or
- valid overseas licence. If the licence is not in English, translation by qualified accredited translator is required.
- If you are under 25 age, you have to complete a minimum of 100 hrs of lesson, of which 10 hrs of night driving lesson. The same is required to be recorded on your Learner Driver Logbook.
- Your Logbook is required to be approved by Department of Transport prior to your driving test appointment.
- Arrive at the test centre at least 10 minutes early
What do I need to bring to the test?
- Current learner driving license.
- If you are overseas licence holder, bring your licence and original passport. If the licence is not in English, translation by qualified accredited translator is required
- Appointment receipt or reference.
- A completed Driving Licence application form.
What is not allowed during the test?
- Mobile phone is not allowed. Switch it off before commencing your test.
- Your Driving Instructor may sit in the front seat, but not allowed to communicate with you. Prior arrangement required to notify the examiner.
What will happen during the test?
- The test will commence technically from the time the Test Officer appear and introduce him/her self to you.
- The test takes about 35 minutes.
- There will be a short pre-drive check.
- The first part of drive will start in a quite area.
- The second part of driving will be in a busy road to assess your ability
- The Test Officer will give you simple instruction and if you are not sure, ask to be repeated.
- During the test, you are expected to perform the driving task according to the road rules.
- If you do anything unsafe, the Test will be stopped immediately.